Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Placement Day 2

Wednesday - Today I worked with the toddlers at the hospital, and they were so much fun! Alex was very overwhelmed with them yesterday, so I think we will switch semi-permanently. And no laundry today.

We had free time in the afternoon after our placement. We went to Clifton 4th beach. It was so beautiful and so warm. Bailey took Whitney (one of the other volunteers) and I to Camps Bay for dinner after the beach at a place called Cafe Caprice. The sunset was so pretty over the water and we watched people gliding over the cliffs of table mountain in gliders/parachutes. Definitely something we'll have to do.

2 comments:

  1. What amazing experiences you're having! Thank you so much for writing this blog. The laundry scheme cracked me up. The children sound lovely and so needing of your aid.

    I know a man whose wife is studying medicine in Chicago. She had plans to travel to South Africa this spring - maybe you are in the same program! Unfortunately, I've forgotten her name, but she is the wife of Tim Dwyer at Northwestern U. Perhaps you've met her?

    Looking forward to your next post. Hugs from the US.

    ReplyDelete